Our learning experience at ASEM (Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova) goes well beyond our classroom. This blog is the supplement for our FB29G and FB10F classes and our online portfolio of activities and projects we get involved in on a regular basis. We hope that you will also join us in our exploration of various useful online resources and projects.
d) Your portfolio should have the following pages or posts:
1. About me ( your CV, hobbies, skills, extra curricular activities, why you study at ASEM, why you chose Banking and Finances, etc)
2. My favourite blog post (go to our
blog and choose one video you liked the most, post it on your
e-portfolio and explain in 200 words why you liked it, what you learned
from it and why other business students should watch it too)
4. Business Correspondence (Create a short summary using the textbook - Business Correspondence - which will include the following:
- This semester I studied .... types of business letters (create a list)
- Give a short definition for each type of letter (For example A letter of inquiry, also known as a prospecting letter or letterof interest, is sent to companies that may be hiring, but, haven't listed specific job openings.)
- 5 important expressions for each type (We would like to thank you for your letter of ... inquiring (asking for information) about ..., Enclosed you will find ..., In answer to your question (inquiry) about ..., We look forward to ... hearing from you / receiving your order / welcoming you as our client (customer)
5. My favorite articles
(Choose two articles we read in class (from xerox copies) and write a
150 word summary for each one - why the article was interesting, what
you, as a business student, learned from it, why other business students
should read it)
Other important rules!
- use pictures to make your portfolio more eye catchy
- check your spelling before you place it on the portfolio
- be organised - use bullet points, charts, graphs when necessary
Now let's have a look at your work:
- Cornelius Portfolio - a very creative and artistic portfolio, great graphics and very good organisation of information.
1) Visit the competition webpage 2011 Winners section and name the category the following brands won: - ”FLORIS” sunflower oil - ”Niagara” fitness club - ”GreenHills Market” - ”MoldTelecom” - ”Banca de Economii” - ”Grand Hall” - ”Tricon” - ”FRIGO”
2) Read the article on ALLMOLOVA and answer the questions below: a) Who is Marian Petrova? b)How many files have been analysed in the period from 19 till 25 of January? c)How many nominations does the compatition include? d) When did the formal awarding ceremony of the competition take place?
e) Whose initiative was it to establish the “Trademark of 2011”?
f) What does the competition promote?
g) What does the participation in the competition allow?
h) What does AGEPI tell us about the international trade marks in Moldova?
1. Read the article HARD SKILLS VS. SOFT SKILLS – DIFFERENCE AND IMPORTANCE and answer the questions below:
- What are the three key differences between hard skills vs. soft skills?
- What are the 3 categories careers can be put into?
2. Take the test and write about the skills you need to improve. Soft Skills Test
3. Watch the second video Job Skills and answer the questions below:
- What is a skill?
- What are soft skills influenced by?
- What are three other names for soft skills?
- Why does an IT person need soft skills?
- What are hard skills?
4. Watch the Career Gate - Soft Skills and write 5 ones that, in your opinion, are the most important of all.
a) Finish Mr Robert's quote: ”You feel the world through ... ” b) Finish Mr Robert's quote: ”That's what's next, the brands that ... ” c) What is a "love mark" in Mr Robert's definition? d) A brand that has an iconic place in your heart. Explain. e) How is the brand Cheerios related to emotional branding? f) Finish Mr Robert's quote: ”You can built mystery... ” g) What did Mr Roberts say about Tide as a brand? h) How did Song Airlines use the concept of emotional branding? i) Was the advertising campaign successful? Why? j) How does the video end? What is the conclusion of the video?
1. What does the tutorial focus on? What will it show you? 2. What does the graph look at? 3. How long should be the essay describing the graph? 4. There are too many graphs in this chart. What could be done to solve this problem? 5. How many courses had the highest percentage? 6. What information in the graph is significant? 7. What can you say about the % of students who were dissatisfied with the course?
1. Where is the executive summary placed? 2. Finish the sentence: "The executive summary is the highly condensed ..." 3. When should it be written - first, while drafting the business plan or last? 4. What should you include in the brief if the business is new? 5. What should be the length of the summary? 6. Finish the sentence: "The brief should compel the reader to ..." 7. Now watch the "How to write an Executive Summary in 5 steps". 8. What are the 5 questions a summary has to answer?